Out of School Hours Care (OSHC)
Vacation Care (October Holidays 2016)
Where: OSHC Building, The Heights School
When: 4th October - 14th October 2016, 7:00am to 6:00pm
Who: Children aged 4-14 years
Cost: $45.00 per day
Places in care can only be made by completing a Vac Care booking form
Bookings are filled in order of forms being returned
Please note our five business day policy of cancellation.
All cancellations made within five business days of nominated care will incur FULL FEES for families for each child. (Without CCB rate)
Bookings will not be accepted unless all outstanding fees are paid.
Please return Vacation Care forms ASAP to ensure your place!
We ask that families pay a small deposit to secure their spot.
The Heights School Out of School Hours Care Philosophy
Our focus is to provide an inclusive program which gives children the opportunity to learn through play and leisure in a warm, safe, nurturing and caring environment.
Director: Visnja Tanjic
Phone: 8395 6879
We meet the needs of our community by valuing each as individuals and ensuring equitable practices through ongoing learning experiences by:
• Providing an environment where children feel safe and secure to express themselves and interact with others
• Providing a wide variety of relaxing, stimulating and enjoyable activities for children based on their needs and interests
• Offering encouragement and support to parents, caregivers and families
• Establishing and maintaining effective team partnerships with staff, parents, children, advisory committee members, school staff and the wider community
Hours of Operation
Before School Care - 7.00 am. to 8.45 AM.
After School Care - 3.00 pm. to 6.15 pm.
Pupil Free, School Closure Vacation Care
We aim to develop respectful relationships, independence skills and resilience by encouraging children to make positive choices by guiding children to:
• Develop problem solving, negotiation and self help skills
• Be inclusive and respectful of diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviour and accept responsibility for their behaviour
• Develop skills of co-operation and sharing
• Act in a safe way
• Encourage and assist children in developing a strong sense of identity and awareness of others
Before School Care: $10.50
After School Care: $19.00
Vacation Care: $45.00
The Heights OSHC believes that ‘All children have the opportunity for the best start in life to create a better future for themselves and for the nation’ (Lund, 2011) therefore;
Educators nurture children’s development by providing opportunities for children to extend in all areas of their development by:
• Observing, planning and programming to cater for each child
• Offering a program which provides opportunities for children to explore their environment
• Providing children with an environment that challenges and stimulates them and allows them to use problem solving skills, investigation and experimentation and;
• Allowing children to evaluate, program and plan activities